Where do I take the test?
There are over 2,800 centres in 130 countries around the world. All of them are inspected by Cambridge English and meet our high standards. Contact OWL to arrange a test date and to check prices and booking fees.
When can I take the test?
One World Learning can arrange with your nearest test centre. There are frequent dates with over 20 tests a year.
View a sample unit of Complete Key for Schools.
View a sample Cambridge Key test.
What is included in an Exam course?
- 60-minute classes (divided into 2×30 min sessions)
- Because there’s no pass or fail – every child gets a Cambridge English certificate which celebrates their achievements – lessons are light and friendly.
- The classes cover all major varieties of English (e.g. British English, American English).
Exam preparation classes for:
- Pre A1 Starters (Pre-school)
- A1 Movers (Pre-school)
- A2 Flyers
- Cambridge A2 Key (formerly KET),
- B1 Preliminary (formerly PET),
- B2 First (formerly FCE),
- C1 Advanced (formerly CAE)
- C2 Proficiency
Contact OWL to discuss your Cambridge or IELTS Exam classes and see what is best for you.
Cambridge English: A2 Flyers
A2 Flyers, formerly known as Cambridge English: Flyers (YLE Flyers), is the third of three fun, activity-based English tests for children.
A2 Flyers is the third of three Cambridge English Qualifications designed for young learners. These tests introduce children to everyday written and spoken English and are an excellent way for them to gain confidence and improve their English.
The tests are written around familiar topics and focus on the skills needed to communicate effectively in English through listening, speaking, reading and writing.
Watch: Cambridge Pre A1 Starters, Movers and Flyers
See a sample Cambridge Key test
Who is it for?
A2 Flyers can help your child take their first step towards:
- understand simple written English
- communicate in familiar situations
- understand and use basic phrases and expressions
- interact with English speakers who talk slowly and clearly.
What is the Key exam?
The test has three sections and lasts about 45 minutes.
CEFR Scale Score: 120-140 (CEFR is the Common European Framework Reference.) Find out more about the CEFR here.
- Listening – 5 Parts 25 questions
- Reading and Writing – 7 Parts 44 questions.
- Speaking – 4 Parts
What materials do I need?
One World Learning will provide you with PDF versions of all the learning materials as well as audio/video extracts.
OWL use Pre-school Let’s Begin for Cambridge Starters and Movers and Let’s Go for Cambridge Flyers. We supplement the coursebook with a variety of material from various sources. Students will be given copies of materials.
Can I take the test online?
Unfortunately, this test is paper-based only. Children take all their test papers within a period of five days. The Listening paper is always taken before the Reading and Writing paper. Contact One World Learning or your agent for information on your local test centre and fees.
How much does it cost to take Key?
Fees are set by test centres and vary from country to country. Expect to pay around £160 GBP, €210 Euros or $230 USD.